Every year you have the opportunity to change health insurer.
As an employee of Esprit you can make use of our collective health insurance with Zilveren Kruis 'Additional Education' or make use of the collective through the Municipality of Amsterdam: VGA Education.
How do you switch?
Information from the various providers will be available in November/December. With an independent health care comparator you can compare different health insurance policies with each other and arrive at a suitable health insurance policy that fits well with your health care needs.
All employees of Esprit Schools can also make use of the collective benefits of various non-life insurance policies.
When you work at Esprit Schools, you build up a pension with the ABP. The premiums owed for this are automatically deducted from your salary by Esprit Schools and deposited into your pension policy. On the ABP website you will find additional options and choices that you can make regarding your pension.
You can choose to transfer the value of previously accrued pensions to the ABP. It is wise to do this within 6 months after starting employment at Esprit Schools. The ABP website explains whether this value transfer is sensible in your personal situation and how this can be arranged. Are you an immigrant? On the following website you can find information about the purchase of missed AOW years: SVB
- Bezoek de ABP website (Dutch)
Loyalis is a specialist in income security and pension supplements and offers products and services in the field of disability, survivor's schemes and pension. Everyone who works at Esprit Schools can take out insurance with Loyalis. When you decide to take out insurance with Loyalis through your employer, the premium will automatically be deducted from your salary and transferred to Loyalis.
- Bezoek de Loyalis website (Dutch)
Employees in education can take out additional insurance against incapacity for work via an IPAP insurance with Loyalis.
In principle, an employee who becomes incapacitated for work will receive a disability benefit and an ABP disability pension after two years of illness. The iPAP insurance pays out a supplement to this.
At the Facilities Office, tasks are performed for all Esprit schools with regard to insurance and damage reports. The school is not liable for theft, burglary, loss or destruction of personal belongings of visitors, students and staff.
The Facility Management Office manages the following insurances, among others:
- Collective Accident Insurance: to cover damages that occurred during school hours and that are not paid out by your own health insurance. Linked to a certain maximum benefit;
- Travel accidents / luggage insurance: for damage caused during school trips in the Netherlands and abroad organized by the school;
- Public liability insurance companies/schools: coverage of damages as a result of tort.
All these insurances apply to students, staff members, volunteers, trainees and board members and are initially supplementary to our own private insurances.
- Home contents and building insurance for all schools (with the exception of Montessori school Landsmeer ): for cover of damage to personal property of visitors, students and staff, compensation is paid up to a maximum amount of €500 in the event of theft and burglary, if the conditions are met. policy conditions;
- Third-party liability and accident insurance: to cover damage during internships in the Netherlands and abroad during the internship periods and the travel time to the internship location.
In general, the school is not liable for theft, burglary, loss or destruction of personal property of visitors, students and staff. This also applies expressly to laptops/mobile telephones and the like brought by students.
For detailed information about the current insurance policies, cover, specific advice and claims, please contact the Facilities Department of the Central Bureau.
Different conditions apply to the Montessori school Landsmeer with regard to household contents, building and glass insurance, because this is arranged through the municipality of Landsmeer